Spinning and Casting Rod Series
Here at Douglas Outdoors, we knew we would have to develop the best Spinning and Casting Rods to make our mark in a crowded marketplace, so we went to work. Our rod design team, led by Pro Angler Fred Contaoi, built a crisp, dialed-in line of rods.
The Douglas XMatrix Spinning and Casting Rod Series is a truly premium rod series. Highlighted by exquisite actions, designed to cover an impressive range of specific techniques and applications (19 Spinning and +30 Casting). XMatrix Rods feature high-end components top to bottom, inside and out. Made from a proprietary carbon matrix composition, the DXS and DXC Rods feature Fuji Reel Seats, Fuji alconite guides, high-density EVA grips, and graphite inserts. XMatrix Rods feature ground breaking strength-to-weight ratios that most fishing rods on the market can’t match. Experience the hyper sensitivity, the light weight, the dialed-in actions and the ergonomic comfort of these rods for yourself. You will be impressed.
New prices effective January 2023
Spinning Split Handle
Spinning Full EVA Handle
Spinning Skipping Handle
Spinning Full Carbon Handle
Spinning Detachable Full Carbon Handle
Casting Split Handle
Casting Full EVA Handle
Casting Full Carbon Handle
Casting Detachable Full Carbon Handle
Casting Detachable Front Taper EVA
Casting Detachable Full EVA
Casting Full Taper Handle
- FUJI Alconite guides with a brackish/saltwater safe, highly corrosion resistant CC finish. Top of the line ceramic inserts that withstand all lines including braid.
- Tip-Top frames are front-welded to avoid tip wrap when using braid.
- Superior lightweight, balanced, powerful graphite and hybrid multi-modulus blanks.
- High quality FUJI reel seats with hidden thread for all day comfort.
- Ergonomically designed, form fitting high density EVA grips.
- Wide variety of rod models for nearly every freshwater and inshore salt application,
- Platinum colored glare resistant matte finish blanks.
- High performance dialed-in actions designed for specific techniques as well as superior fish handling.
- Backed by a 5 year warranty with a timely $50 replacement or repair to get the angler back on the water.