DOUGLAS OUTDOORS, LLC WARRANTY
Effective August 1, 2014
The Douglas Outdoors, LLC Warranty has been designed for all rods. Seller’s warranty procedure includes charging a standard handling, administration and postage and packaging charge per claim. The warranty covers all Douglas Outdoor rods. The warranty does not apply to Samples. Samples supplied by Seller to dealer are solely for advertising purposes and/or for the purpose of evaluating the suitability of such goods for potential use and, as such, the samples are not intended to serve as warranties of any type, either express or implied.
1. The warranty is applicable for the lifetime of the original owner only. The benefits of the warranty may not be assigned by the original owner to any other party.
2. Seller reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any product covered by warranty and the right to replace any discontinued models, at a reasonable charge, with comparable models when necessary. Colors and components may vary between original and replacement parts. Warranty covers damage to the rod from any cause but excludes normal wear and tear or lost sections.
3. Under no circumstances shall any dealer pass onto its customers any warranty that binds Seller except for the warranty set forth in this section. Seller is not a party to any separate warranties or representations that dealer makes to its customers.
4. $35 handling, administration, return postage and packing charge to be applied (per claim). Seller reserves the right to alter the handling charge without prior notice.
5. The owner must follow the correct claim procedure below.
6. The owner is responsible for the costs of postage or carriage in sending the goods to Seller and insuring the goods.
7. Discontinued models. Where a damaged rod is from a discontinued line, seller may offer the owner a comparable rod from our current range. In these circumstances, the owner would be required to pay the $25 handling charge referred to above.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY LANGUAGE IN THIS OR ANY OTHER PROVISION TO THE CONTRARY, SELLER NEITHER MAKES, NOR ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY UNDER, ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, MADE BY ANY SALES REPRESENTATIVE OR OTHER AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE OF SELLER WHICH OS NOT SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HALL BE BINDING UPON SELLER.
2. Retain original proof of purchase.
In the event of a claim, please:
Send your rod damaged section(s) together securely packaged and ship to Customer Service Department, Douglas Outdoors, 43 County Route 59, Phoenix, New York 13135. Please also send contact information for a Douglas customer service agent to contact you about your warranty request. Contact information should include name of customer, home or cell phone number, email address and return shipment address. A Douglas customer service agent will be in touch with you upon arrival of warranted rod section(s) or complete rod. The customer service agent will inform the customer what will be done with the warranty request.
After the customer is given options on either repairing or replacing the rod or rod part, a total of the charges will be given to the customer. Once the customer has instructed Douglas’ customer service agent to proceed under the terms the agent provides, then and only then will payment be requested by the agent. Payment options for warranty service is accepted by Seller via check, made payable to Douglas Outdoors LLC., or by credit or debit card, in which case the customer should provide his or her name as it appears on the card, along with the card number, expiration date, and 3-digit security code from the back of the card.
WORLDWIDE EXTENDED WARRANTY
Effective August 1, 2014
Sending Broken Sections:
For tip sections, the customer should send only the tip section and the next connecting section of rod; same for middle sections. For Butt sections, send Butt section and next connecting section above Butt
section. Please enclose, along with the warranted sections, the model of rod, length of rod and line
weight of rod.
Fly Reel Warranty:
All Douglas fly reels are covered by the warranty. Return your broken reel to Douglas Outdoors LLC. A $25 service and shipping fee will be charged for each reel. In the event the reel requires special service above and beyond the warranty, the owner will be contacted and quoted a price for repairing the reel.