Lets get you back on the water— ASAP!
Fly Rod Warranty-
The Fly Rod warranty is applicable for the lifetime of the original owner only. The benefits of the warranty may not be assigned by the original owner to another party. The Douglas Outdoors Fly Rod Warranty Claim is a no-fault full replacement warranty program. The fee is $35 per damaged section.
Claims made within the continental United States are responsible for a flat shipping rate of $15. Shipping rates for claims from outside of the continental United States (including International) are taken into consideration on a case by case basis.
To Place A Claim:
- If you have not already registered your product, make sure to do so first. Register here.
- To file a claim— fill out the form below and a Douglas customer service representative will reach out to you as soon as possible.
The Fly Reel warranty is applicable for the lifetime of the original owner only. The benefits of the warranty may not be assigned by the original owner to another party. A $35 handling/return postage fee will be applied per claim if located within the Continental United States. For claims outside the Continental United States please contact your distributor or Douglas Outdoors directly. In the event the reel requires special services above and beyond the warranty, the owner will be contacted and quoted a price for repairing the reel.
Send your securely packaged malfunctioning reel to Douglas Outdoors, 43 County Route 59, Phoenix, New York 13135. Please send a copy of the original receipt, along with your contact information so that a Douglas customer service representative can contact you about your warranty request. A customer service representative will be in touch soon to inform you of what will be done with your warranty request.
5 year limited warranty:
Warranty handling fee: $50.00
Return shipping fee: Continental US $27.00 flat rate. Outside of Continental US— call for rates.
What is covered:
Blank breakage, loose handles, or workmanship on guides or finish (within 14 days of purchase). In the case of workmanship issues— return the rod to Douglas for evaluation. (Please do not send in a tube or cloth you would like returned)
What is not covered:
Guides. Unless there is a cracked or chipped insert of your guide (within 14 days of purchase) we do not warranty guides. You can purchase a replacement guide at your local sporting goods store and either have them replace it (if available) or replace it on your own. Smashed, crushed or bent guides are not considered a warranty item, rather an accident or mistreatment of your rod.
If Cork handles, EVA handles, Reel Seats or Butt Caps are damaged it is likely due to rod misuse or poor storage. If you feel as though this is not the circumstance in your particular case— send it back to Douglas for evaluation, along with a written explanation. This does not guarantee
Rods won in a contest or raffle (with proof) only have a one time warranty claim available.
- Make sure your product is registered product online.
- In the event your rod breaks within 14 days of purchase there will be no warranty handling fee. It will be to the discretion of the store you bought it at as to whether they will replace it for you on the spot. If the store does not handle warranty or is low or out of stock of that rod then please contact Douglas Outdoors.
- If blank breakage- cut down the rest of the blank into 6 or so pieces.
- Once payment is received the new (or repaired) rod will be immediately shipped to the provided address. (Faster shipping arrangements can be made)
Send your securely packaged rod to Douglas Outdoors, 43 County Route 59, Phoenix, New York 13135. Please send a copy of the original receipt, along with payment for warranty and contact information so that a Douglas customer service representative can contact you about your warranty request. If necessary a customer service representative will be in touch about your warranty request.
Make A Claim:
**A receipt from an authorized Douglas dealer is necessary for all claims**